"This little light of mine...."



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lucy's Gonna Be a Big Sister!

Yes! Finally, we can spill it!
Eric and I had an appointment on Monday, confirming:


 We are so happy to announce we will be growing by two more "feet"!!

I know some people say one should wait until they are further along "just in case", but I couldnt. I wanted to share this story with you! God's beautiful little miracle that shines in the middle of so much hurt, so much loss, difficulty and sadness.  I just had to share this news! We prayed for this blessing, prayed to be ready when God was ready. We prayed to get out of the way and just let God's plan be God's plan. And then it happened!

In no way do we think of this blessing as a replacement for our loss. No, Lucy lives in our hearts. She is with me every breath of every day.  I long for my Lucy. My baby girl is going to be a big sister and she isnt here to see! These thoughts are painful, and at times unbearable. However, we try to remain focused on the joy that our Lord has given us this miracle to show us His grace. He will take a father and mother with a greiving heart and give them a dose of hope. A growing miracle, a baby, a dose of peace. These worries? Fears? Anxiety about another loss? They were a constant hum, of course.

But then, this morning in my devotional I read this verse:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9

And last night, a sweet God-fearing woman and friend sent me this:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7


I hear You loud and clear, Lord. You have this in your hands, this miracle, and I shall not fear.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! What a beautiful blessing! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! I can't imagine the emotions that you must be experiencing. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and will be thinking of you and checking back in! We hope our Lucy will be a big sis one day too!!! :) God is good.

    ReplyDelete