"This little light of mine...."



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7th

Lucy's Bright Yellow Sunflowers
Today would have marked Lucy's 40 weeks... her 'due date'. It is hard to believe all that has happened in the past couple of weeks. We have been so numb to everything going on around us, still.  Late this morning, we went to the cemetery. We brought 5 sunflowers, one for each member of our family and a butterfly balloon.

So, it has not rained here in forever and as we pull into the cemetery, the rain started. I needed this. I took that opportunity to breathe, to give thanks to God for this baby we are remembering today, to pray He continue to help us grow and heal.


I am so glad we went there all together as a family. I needed Eric so much to get through this visit. I needed his reminders and his kind spirit. It's just her body, Lucy is not here. Our baby is in Heaven.  I needed him when Dominic said he wondered what Lucy was doing right now. What a blessing this man is to our family. He had the perfect words and handled it beautifully.  She's probably dancing around and playing in heaven, baby.

We were happy to see Lucy's temporary marker was placed on her grave. Her permanent marker will not be ready for months, so we were happy to have that marking placed their for the time being.

While we were out there, the same thoughts kept running through my head.

Suffering can bring out JOY. Rejoice in this suffering. And find JOY in everything.
(It was from Pastor Brandon's message from this Sunday.)

Suffering the loss of a child is a difficult time to find joy. And I am not saying that I am joyful about our loss, but I AM joyful in the fact that our baby girl is safe and sound with our Father, and joyful in the fact that we will be reunited again and joyful in the blessing Lucy has been in our lives. 

giving kisses to his sister

kissies to her sister, too :)
 I'd like to share these verses with you and I pray that whatever trials you are going through right now, no matter how big or how small, that you will adhere to God's Word, find comfort in Him, and that these verses are as helpful to you as they are for me.  Every day, every moment that we are faced with is an opportunity to rejoice, to praise God, and to find joy.

Nehemiah 8:10 “...the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

John 16:22 “...and your joy no one will take from you.”

James 1:2 “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,...”

Psalms 16:11 “You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

Psalms 30:5 “...Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”

  
We love you, sweet Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment