"This little light of mine...."



Friday, July 8, 2011

rainbows and sweet sentiments

Dom & Soph devouring their rainbow cupcakes!
So,  I've been wanting to share this for a while now, and my kiddos reminded me again at our picnic today. We were having a great conversation about the drought and rain and, anyway Dominic was reminiscing about when a friend of ours brought these beautiful rainbow cupcakes to us. At first, they were just beautiful cupcakes, and delicious at that! But then I read her card:

And God Said, This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come; i have set my rainbow in the clouds and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and earth. ~Genesis 9:12-13
I hope you are reminded of God's Love and promises every time you see a rainbow!

Of course, needless to say, I will never look at another rainbow (or rainbow cupcake) the same. This reminded me though, that there are so many other simple reminders all around us of God's love. He gives us the gifts of these "little things", the rainbows, the ocean waves crashing against our skin, feeling the grass between your toes, or the breezes, watching the clouds float by on a lazy day with the kids that reminds us He is all around. We are in the midst of trying to heal after the loss of our Lucy, but its these little reminders, the rainbows, that assure me of His love and that is more than enough to keep me going until we are reunited with our sweet girl one day. 

My prayer is for all of us to find our rainbow today. Amen.
(Photos I snagged from our friend of the sweet cupcakes she made!)

1 comment:

  1. How is it that rainbow cupcakes/cakes taste better? :)

    ReplyDelete